ApeosWare Image Log Management
ApeosWare Image Log Management enables processing results by a MFD* or a printer* (Copy, Print, Received/Sent fax, and Scan) to be stored as images. Since the stored image data can be retrieved and confirmed as necessary, it enables not only to strengthen security, such as preventing/tracing information leakage, but also to become evidence when sending/receiving fax. It can also reduce TOC by preventing wasteful printing/copying, as the administrators can confirm the image data. Additionally, without being realized, ApeosWare Image Log Management enables any documents processed by a device to be stored, which allows customers to utilize the past information processed by a device, depending on the way they use.
- Preventing/tracing of information leakage
- Evidence when sending/receiving FAX
- Prevention of wasteful print/copy
- Effective use of past documents
Despite the increased perception of information security awareness, data leakage alarm still occur frequently. ApeosWare Image Log Management addresses this problem, helping secure vital company information by tracking all processes involved in document handling. Operations such as copying, printing, scanning and faxing can be logged with details about users, document types and which devices were employed.
ApeosWare Image Log Management enables the image data of jobs operated with a MFD or a printer (Copy, Print, Received/Sent fax, Scan) to be stored along with the attribute information.
By adding the optional OCR license (only for the Professional edition), characters on image data can be recognized as text information. The OCR processing is available for multilanguages (Jan/Eng/Korea/TC/SC/TH). It also supports mixed language documents, which allows searching for documents by key words.
[Note] Processing multilanguages may decrease the performance. Therefore, if there are multiple receiving servers in the distributed configuration (isolation configuration), it is possible to specify the language being processed to each receiving server. (Multiple languages can be specified.)
Image data stored in a server can be searched from a client PC, after the search condition was specified using the Web UI. The search result can be displayed in thumbnail view or downloaded as a CSV file.
For search conditions, combining several items being retrieved is possible, such as Date, User ID, Device in use, and Job Type. Also, if users register the device users after grouping them per belonging department, etc., the search for image logs can be limited within the range of a group.
*: Up to 10,000 search results can be displayed.
A search can be performed using a key word of the document that was leaked, which allows to trace by whom the information was leaked. Also, besides tracing the leaked information, searching documents created in the past is possible in the same way, which can utilize the past created data efficiently.
*Up to 10,000 search results can be displayed.
Note: The optional ApeosWare ImageLog Management 1.0 Professional OCR License is required.
- [Job Type] (Copy/Print/Fax/Scan/Others)
- [ Start Date/Time End Date/Time]
- [ Keyword] (Available only when the optional OCR license is valid in the Pro version.)
- [Contains All of the following/Contains] (Available only when the optional OCR license is valid in the Pro version.)
Attributes that can be specified in [Job Attribute]
- Job ID
- Job Complete Status (Completed or others)
- Job Name (Available only when a job is Print)
- Device Host Name/ Device IP Address / Model Name
- User ID/User Name
- Impressions (Specify with “More than XX” or ”Less than XX”. The number from 1 to 999.)
- Quantity (Available only when a job is Print or Copy.)
- Output Color (Full Color/Dual Color/Single Color/Black & white/Unknown)
(Available only when a job is Print or Copy.)
- Pages per Side (Available only when a job is Print or Copy.)
- Client Host Name (Available only when a job is Print. Internet host name of a client.)
- Client IP Address (Available only when a job is Print. )
- Protocol (Available only when a job is Print.)
- File Name (Available only when a job is Print.)
- Sender/Recipient Number (Available only when a job is Fax.)
- Recipient F Code (Available only when a job is Fax.)
- Target Data (Select from Active Data or Archive Data)
It enables to periodically search the image logs corresponding to the keywords specified in advance and to distribute the result to prespecified users. Additionally, it is also possible that monitoring leakages on a department or group basis, and changing users to whom the monitoring data is delivered as well as sending a notification depending on the importance level of keywords*.*[The importance level] Level A: monitor and notify every 5 minutes. Level B: monitor and notify once a day at a prespecified time. Level C: monitor once a day at a prespecified time. The result is not notified.
Note: The optional ApeosWare Image Log management 1.0 Professional OCR License is required.
By grouping device users according to each user’s department, etc., the device users can be registered per group. Thus, to search for image logs, limiting the range to search within groups and specifying monitor conditions by group are possible. Additionally, administrators for image logs can be specified by group, which allows them to monitor “information for internal use only” within a group.
On the image log search with the Web UI, thumbnail displays are available as well as list displays. Herewith, the high consistency is provided for users to intuitively find the document that they are looking for. Also, since image data have been stored in PDF format, users can view it after downloading from a server. Depending on the settings, image data can be stored as searchable PDF format, enabling to search for the character strings.
For the following cases, images cannot be created and will be displayed as “No Image
- Image logs related to device maintenance, etc. that include no image
- Image logs such as a binary file that cannot be displayed as an image
In ApeosWare Image Log Management, “Identity Management” is used to manage user information. Besides registering users directly, Identity Management allows users to import user information from a remote authentication server, such as Active Directory or LDAP servers to register it with Image Log Management. Also, it allows users to import user information from a CSV user information file. If the remote authentication server or the user information file is updated, user information in Image Log Management is also updated automatically by synchronous processing.
Operation permissions (Roles) in Image Log Management are categorized into 2 types: Administrator and General user.
◎Administrator: Can manage system (→Image log system administrator)
: Can manage image logs (→Image log manager (Image log management director) or Image log group administrator)
: Can manage user information (→Identity manager (Identity management director)or Identity group administrator
The “Identity manager (Identity management director)” is created as the initial user when Image Log Management was installed. Other users are registered by the Identity manager (Identity management director).
For data retention periods as search targets, up to 60 months can be specified on a monthly basis. (“12 months” is specified by default.) When the retention period elapse, the data will be archived (transferred to the specific folder from a DB) in a server. It is also possible to restore archived data and search for image logs.
“Image Log Transfer Device Settings Tool” is available for enabling image log management feature of devices and specifying transfer destinations of image logs. The Image Log Transfer Device Settings Tool allows users to collectively configure multiple devices only by operating one PC screen. In addition, importing device information from a CSV or Excel files is possible, which makes users’ work more efficiently. *Up to 100 devices can be configured at one time.
Except for server settings to transfer, the following items can be configured for the settings.[Setting Items]
Image log management
- Creation Warrantee Level ([Low]to[High]. [High] is specified by default. )
- Resolution (Select from [200dpi/100dpi/72dpi/50dpi/25 dpi]. [200dpi] is specified by default.)
- Page Range (For the creation ranges of image data to manage logs, select from 1 to 5pages. [All pages] is specified by default.)
- Image Log Target (Specify whether to create image data by job type to manage logs. All check boxes (copy/fax/print/scan) are selected by default.
- Log Transfer (Specify whether to use the Auto Transfer function or not)
- Assurance Level (Specify when the Auto Transfer is used. Select the transfer level from [High] to [Low] to transfer created image logs certainly.)
- Transfer Mode (Selected from [Transfer Per Job Basis] or [Accumulate & Transfer] to transfer image logs.)
* Image logs not transferred with some problems will be stored on the main unit of devices as “unsent logs”. If the size or the number of unsent logs exceeds each upper limit, the device will stop receiving jobs and be unable to be used, when it was set to [High]. When it was set to [Low], the device may not store some jobs, since the old image logs will be deleted.
* If [Transfer Per Job Basis] was selected, the next job cannot be operated since the transfer will start every time after one job was completed.
If [Accumulate & Transfer] was selected, the timing to automatically transfer can be selected from below:
・At the End of Job
・When Power is On
・At the End of Selections ・When Maximum is Reached
・Schedule Transfer (Can be set for ApeosPort V or later.)
With System Admin Tool (System Management), system status can be referred and configured, such as checking the status of service operation, server operation and free disk space for spool and storage, as well as managing the history.
It monitors the services operating on a server, which enable to notify by email in the event abnormal incidents occur and to record the event logs. When the monitoring service was set to receive the monitoring email, users can promptly handle with troubles in the case services related to image logs were suspended or errors occurred, which can prevent from the logs being unsent.
*An “Unsent log” means the logs not transferred with some problems are stored on the main unit of devises as an “Unsent log”. If the size or the number of unsent logs exceeds each upper limit, the device will stop receiving new jobs and be unable to be used, when it was set to [High]. When it was set to [Low], the device may not store some jobs, since the old image logs will be deleted.
For this setting, customers can select which to configure by device.
By using the system diagnostic tool, “Diagnostics Utility”, it is possible to check connection status with servers or devices and to retrieve Windows Information as well as detailed logs of ApeosWare Image Log Management, etc., which helps users identify the cause to handle, if any problem occurs.
*If using a system diagnostic tool,”Diagnostics Utility”, attached to ApeosWare Management Suite, information cannot be obtained correctly. Please use the “Diagnostics Utility” attached to Image Log Management.
Các yêu cầu liên quan đến
sản phẩm, vui lòng xem